Based on research published one month ago, it is becoming more clear that PRO-INFLAMMATORY DIETS increase risk of heart disease by 38% and high cholesterol while ANTI-INFLAMMATORY diets reduce the risk of heart disease.
So I wanted to share with you advice about PRO-INFLAMMATORY FOOD (=Not good for the heart) and ANTI-INFLAMMATORY FOOD (= good for the heart).
NOT HEART HEALTHY
– Red meat, processed meat, and organ meat
– Refined carbohydrates such as white bread, white rice, and many desserts
– Sweetened beverages including colas and sports drinks.
HEART HEALTHY FOOD
- Fruits & vegetables
- Beans, nuts and seeds
- Red, orange, and yellow vegetables and fruit
- Dark green leafy veggies like kale, spinach
- Spices: turmeric, curcumin, peppers, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, onions, etc.
- Green tea and black coffee
- Mono-unsaturated fatty acids (olive oil, canola oil, sesame oil)
- Omega-3 fatty acids (fatty fish like salmon and mackerel)
- Flaxseeds and walnuts
SOURCE: Studies were published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology in Nov 2020. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33153576/).
Wishing you a healthy and nutritious NEW YEAR 2021
Gurugram | Indore | Bhopal
Robotic NeuroRehab & Brain Stimulation
*Advanced |Affordable | Accessible | Adaptive*
Call/ whatsapp: +91-74711-74920