1. Mental illness is extremely common. It occurs in cities, towns and villages; among young and the old; among men and women; among rich and the poor.
2. 90 million (9 crore) people in India suffer from mental illness. 1 in 13 people in India suffers from mental illness.
3. WHO has labeled India as “One of the most depressed countries.”
4. India has one of the highest suicide rates in the world.
5. Over 70% of the people do not seek any treatment.
6. *Covid-19* pandemic has significantly worsened the problem of mental illness in India.
7. Mental health awareness in India is extremely poor. So a lot of people suffer needlessly.
8. *The biggest problem is the *SOCIETAL STIGMA*. This leads to a vicious cycle of shame, suffering and isolation of the patients.*
9. Mental illness is not about personal weakness or the lack of will power or just family issues. There are chemical and electrophysiological changes in the neurons (nerve cells in the brain) that are responsible for the illness.
10. *Mental illness is treatable like other medical conditions.*
*PLEASE SEEK TREATMENT IF YOU THINK YOU MAY BE SUFFERING FROM DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, OCD, SCHIZOPHRENIA, PANIC ATTACKS ETC.*
Please see the following links for more information: https://health.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/industry/what-india-must-do-to-solve-its-mental-health-crisis/74314862
If you would like to discuss *Brain Stimulation* as a treatment, please contact us: *A4 CLINICS* Robotic NeuroRehab and Brain Stimulation Tel / WhatsApp: +91-7471174920 | www.a4clinics.com